Sunday, November 1, 2009

Love to work?

thumbBORATjpeg.jpg Two thumbs up! image by HubShaw

Many students freak out when they hear the question, "What do you want to major in once getting into college?", because they really just do not know. It is very stressful knowing that the occupation of one's choice will someday determine where they live and what they own. One thing to remember is to never rush into a major from pressure. It is the one place a person can never run from especially in the real world. Think of something enjoyable that wouldn't be seen as work, but more of a hobby while being paid. Never go into a major for the money! Many people go into a major for the money and end up with a stressful unhealthy life. For example, doctors make a lot of money in the medical field, but many of them also have a large amount of paperwork and long hours in the office aside from seeing patients. For some people that type of labor isn't ideal and can come off as very boring and in the end not worth the money they are receiving. There are a numerous amount of students who walk into college knowing their major, but in reality only half of those students graduate with that major from their change of interest. Everyone has time to explore the wonders of many jobs, so find something you love and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Patty very strong post! I also am unsure of who or what I want to be after college, but I am unconcerned. Many people do rush trying to have everything figured out before they even begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty! I have no idea what I want to major in college. I hope I'm don't have to rush and do something I regret choosing when it comes time for me to decide what I would like to do after college! This was a nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully agree with this post Patty! This reminds me of a quote i once read.."If you find a job you love, you will never work a day in your life." I have decided to major in some type of education, either PE or elementary level teaching. What's so bad about wearing sweatpants to school everyday?? Haha. Good luck finding what you want to major in!

    ReplyDelete